A lot happened this past Thanksgiving weekend, too much to put in one entry so I'm breaking it up a bit. Last Sunday was our first Sunday in our newly formed Coventry Ward. There were some new faces, some old faces, and some ugly faces, but I think its all going to be fine. I was given a new calling as the First Councilor in the Young Men's Presidency. That puts me in charge of the Teachers Quorum. There are only 2 or 3 Teachers in the Quorum so I'm also the Advisor and an Assistant Venture Leader. Jodie's husband Aaron is the Second Councilor so he is over the Deacons and he's also the Scout Leader. There are 6 deacons in that Quorum and a couple of them will be moving up to Teachers early next year. I haven't been in the youth program of the Church since I was a youth so I'm excited to do it. It's going to be a bit different than when I was in Young Men's as we had some 20 or so members in our different Quorums at any given time but I guess that gives us an opportunity to try and grow. It'll be good to go camping again too, I haven't done that in ages.
No comments:
Post a Comment