I just finished "work week" which is a part of my course requirements. Everyone in the program drew names of architectural firms from a hat and then we got to go work for them for a week. I drew Randall R. Gibson and Associates who happen to work down the hall from Dejong Design Associates. It was good to try something new as The Gibson associates do mainly landscape architecture for community developments and parks and such. I was a bit worried my first day when the computer they sat me down at had the word "slave" rotating around on the screen as the screen saver, but I later found out that it was just the name of the computer. I spent most of the week drafting but on Thursday Jeff and I went out to Randy's place in Bragg Creek to do some measurements on the gigantic log house he's building out there. It's a ways out of town but it sure is beautiful out there. I'd move out to a place like that in a second if I could ever afford it. Anyways, I'll be back to Dejong part-time again next week and back to full-time school as well. I have to say it was definitely nice having evenings again. I'll miss certain aspects of school life but I'm really looking forward to full-time work again. My thanks to the Gibson team for a fun an educational week.
No comments:
Post a Comment