Sunday, August 06, 2006

Reunion

I had my 10 year high school reunion this past June. I wish I could say I had a great time there, but I totally spaced and thought it was in July and therefore missed it entirely. I have however, had the chance to catch up with some long lost friends over the past couple of weeks to help make up for it. Last weekend, Sean Fraser, Emmanuel, and I went over to Kevin Buchanan's place in Arbour Lake and yuk'd it up through a few hands of cards. Kev has his own little girl now who's a bit older than Emma, Sean is driving an M3 that is probably a bit younger than Emma, and Emmanuel has been working in San Fransisco for the past long while. Today we went with Emmanuel to the airport to see Kurt who was in town breifly. We only got to see him for 10 minutes or so, but he'll be back at Christmas at which time we'll try for at least a half an hour. Getting us all together these days is about as rare as seeing Cobra Commander's face but I always have a blast when we finally make it happen. I should have taken pictures but I forgot the camera. We had one of my mission buddies over for dinner a couple weeks ago too. Wes Sallenback is his name, from southern Alberta. It was kind of timely as last week was my seven year anniversary of coming home from the mission field. He had moved back to the mission for a spell so he was able to update me on the status of a lot of the folks I knew out there. Anyways, I guess the moral of this entry is that it sure is heart-warming to see old friends again, and that if any of them came back to town and didn't make time for a quick hello, I'd be crushed.

No comments: