
Our joint activity this past weekend was spent attending Theatre Calgary's presentation of Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol". Tickets usually run about $50 a person, but they always do a "pay by donation" performance each year, so that's the one we hit. The kids were a bit skeptical at first about seeing a play, but the -20C weather and the 2 hour wait in line turned them down right critical. The gamble paid off though, the play was gold. Most of the praise was for the sets and the effects, which were brilliant, but I thought the actors did a great job as well. I even got a bit choked during the part where Scrooge sees the future and Tiny Tim has passed away. I think having a daughter has done that to me. Anyways, I really enjoyed it and I recommend it if you get the chance to see it. I'll probably try and go again with Tammy if we can swing it. I got the book last year for Christmas, so I'm going to read it this season and become an expert.
No comments:
Post a Comment