Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Bouncy Castles

Last month we had the opportunity to play on a few bouncy castles with Emma. The first time was at Cardel Place at a drop-in gym for tots. Emma and I were feeling a little bored that day, and knowing how much Emma loves to run around in a gym, I decided to take her on a walk to Cardel to play with other kids. They had all sorts of fun stuff - slides, parachutes, balls, gymnastics equipment, and of course, the ever-popular bouncy castle. It had little basketball hoops on the inside, and a slide for a graceful exit. Emma had a blast.

About a week later, Heather and Tyler invited us all out to Cochrane to play on the biggest bouncy castle I've ever seen. It took up the whole gym at the church out there, and this time there was way more "big kids" than "little kids". It was kind of like an obstacle course built inside of a bouncy castle, so we were able to have relay races through it. It was so much fun! They also had a few Sumo wrestling suits for those who wished to jump on other people after bouncing in the castle, but Emma and I didn't watch any of the Sumo matches due to her being completely terrified of the suits. Even when Mike suited up, she was shaking so much I had to take her out of the gym to reassure her. All in all, we had a great time, and we're grateful to the Williamsons for making each of our trips out to Cochrane a blog-worthy adventure.

No comments: