So the word is out that we are expecting a new baby to arrive early in February. We're extremely excited and had a hard time keeping it under wraps for the short time that we did. Tammy found out the night of her birthday, but wasn't sure that the test was conclusive until the next morning, so that's when I got the call at work. I was so happy I had to leave the office and run around outside for a while.
This baby will be the first baby on either side of our family to push the grandchildren count over the children count and the first to buck the generational gender matching trend. I may need to explain that...
On my side of the family, my parents have 5 children - 3 girls and 2 boys. My parents also have 5 grandchildren - 3 girls and 2 boys. On Tammy's side of the family, her parents have 7 children - 6 girls and 1 boy. Her parents also have 7 grandchildren - 6 girls and 1 boy. This child will be the first to break these trends on both sides, whether it be a girl or a boy. I don't know if this is a good omen or a bad one, but it's an interesting happenstance and I've been referring to the baby as the "chosen one" ever since Tammy pointed it out to me.
We haven't gone for any ultrasounds yet or anything, but Tammy feels great and I'm sure we'll be posting more news about the pregnancy as it comes in.
2 comments:
That is the coolest thing ever! I never even thought of that! I'm so excited for you guys!! And you never know, the baby might just be born on my birthday!! :D Because it's the chosen one of course ;)
I just re-read this posting again today and I think I finally understood it the second time through.
Maybe I'll go read the rest of your postings over again, looking for meaning that might have been missed.
Post a Comment