It was a big weekend for the Olsen and Glenn families as Tammy's younger sister Kelly married Dan Glenn this past Friday down in Cardston. Tammy and I had made the trip down to the temple the Saturday before to watch Kelly go through for her first time, and Emma stayed at Gramma Bourne's house, but Emma came along this time, and thanks to Gramma and Grampa Olsen's portable DVD player, she barely noticed the drive.

The thing I noticed about the drive was how smokey all of southern Alberta was that day. Luckily, there wasn't an overly smokey smell in the air, but it sure seemed to amplify the already scorching heat they're experiencing in those parts lately. Tammy's other younger sister Amanda, brought her boyfriend Randy who is a professional photographer, and we're hoping he got at least a couple shots where we're not all sweaty and squinting.

After the pictures we went to a farm south of Cardston for a big family dinner. The house we ate in seemed more like a community hall, with a huge great room that easily sat both sides of the family. A necessary expense when you consider the couple who owned the home had 10 children of their own. Like all farms, it had a trampoline out back, a tire swing, and some horses. Emma spent a good amount of time out back enjoying all those features.

Tammy spent the better part of the next day helping to decorate the gym of the Crescent Road chapel for the reception that night. I showed up later with Emma, but still early enough to do a mic check since I was to be the Master of Ceremonies. This is the fourth wedding I've MC'd, and I did a "great job" according to my 2 year old. She did an even better job saying the blessing on the food when all other adults turned the opportunity down, cranking up the cute factor to maximum, and getting "awes" instead of "amens".

It wouldn't be Disco Dan Glenn's wedding reception without a dance afterwards, and it wouldn't be an Olsen reception without taking dozens of family pictures before everyone leaves. After all that, Iain and I took the kids home while the wives stuck around to help clean up. We got stuck on Deerfoot for about an hour, and didn't get home until almost midnight, but Tammy and her sisters didn't get home until about 3:30am, since they decided to have the gift opening while they cleaned.

I'll finish this up by saying that we're very excited to have Dan as part of the family, and we wish both him and Kelly all the happiness in the world!
3 comments:
Wow! What a great family picture Tammy!....even if you do keep ol' what's his face in the pictures. :0)
Congrats to Kelly for me....and you guys all looked great!!!
Phillipa.
You can view the professional photos here:
http://www.rgibsonphoto.com/contactsheets/kellydanwedding/
Post a Comment