Sunday, September 09, 2007

Neil the Teal Mobile

That's the name of the car that Paul drove the both of us to school and work in for almost 3 years. He bought it off of his uncle John, who used to be Tammy's gym teacher in Junior High, and I just bought it off of him for $50. It's a '91 Dodge Shadow, and it still runs pretty good considering the price. Paul was just going to give it to me, but I felt I had to pay at least something for it, so we settled on the $50 price tag. That's cheaper than a bus pass, so even if it only lasts me a month, it owes me nothing.

Becoming a two car family has opened up a world of freedom for Tammy and Emma, and I think we're going to trade in our Cavalier now, for a bigger family vehicle for when the new baby arrives.

Thanks be to Paul, our posterity will sing songs of your generosity for generations to come.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Update:

Neil did not pass the insurance inspection, and it will cost about $850 just to get him to that point, and another $500 bucks if we wanted to fix everything that's wrong with him. I'm not going to spend that much on a $50 car, so he's parked in the back for now.

We're not sure what we'll do with him in the future, but donation is probably the only option at this point.

Heather said...

Tyler once bought a car from his Young Men's leader for $1 and a DQ cone.

D said...

You should enter it into a demolition derby. It would only cost you another $50 or so for an entrance fee and you could have the time of your life.