Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Swimming

Cy and Jillian had a joint birthday party down in Okotoks back on the 17th of November, so most of the family got to go and enjoy some swim time in the kids pool that they reserved for the party. Emma loves the swimming pool, and has gone quite a few times, but I've never been able to make it until now.

We stayed in the shallow end and played with Lucy and Max while the big kids made war on Uncle Trevor in the deep end. I tried to show Emma how to float on her back and fake a shark attack, but she's more of a splasher than a swimmer right now. She did give me a flying drop-kick to the throat when I tried to catch her off the slickest kids slide ever made though.

After swimming, we had pizza and cake and opened presents in a room upstairs that overlooked a kids hockey game going on below. After that, we spent the rest of the day over at the Ganchar's place where they have a trampoline, a giant fish tank, and a toy collection that could send Santa Claus into retirement. It's just enough fun to keep Emma crying all the way to the Calgary city limits when it's time to go home.

I'm glad I finally got to go swimming with Emma and I hope we try and do it more often. Filling up the bathtub, turning on the shower and playing "sinking submarine" is getting a little old.

1 comment:

David and Cheryl said...

So you're the guy that hangs around in public change rooms with a camera....hmmm.