Thursday, June 19, 2008

7 Years!

Tammy and I celebrated our 7th anniversary on the 2nd by going out to see the new Indiana Jones movie down at the Crowfoot theatre. My parents were kind enough to keep an ear out for our sleeping children while we were gone, and as usual, Airmiles supplied the tickets and treats. The movie had some good classic Indiana Jones moments, and some groan moments too, but either way, when it was over, we were both glad we got out and did something fun for just the two of us.

Our gift to each other this year is the gift of getting in shape again. We haven't quite settled on the method or product that is going to help get us there, but we're definitely researching and shopping around. Again, if anyone has any input, let us know. I'm looking at you Dave Walker.

I don't know why anyone calls getting married "settling down", because the past 7 years of our lives have sure been adventurous. Sometimes it seems like we're only a few ancient artifacts and a military jeep chase away from an Indiana Jones movie ourselves. Like the movie we saw, I'm sure there's been some groan moments in our lives too, but in the end, we're still in love, and that's lots of fun.

2 comments:

D said...

Congrats on your first 7 years.

I've got a workout suggestion for you. You know that part of the movie Forrest Gump, when he just gets up and runs across the country?

You should do that.

David and Cheryl said...

I have a couple of ideas but I don't want to offend you....

But for reals, for reals....Cheryl has been wanting to get in shape too so her and I looked into that p90X system.

I have to admit that at first I was a bit skeptic, but once I actually looked at their program and watched a DVD or two of them I was suprised. They are not too different from the cycles my trainer has me on right now. Alot of push ups and chin ups mixed with compund exercises and super setting.

It'll make you puke like I did when I first started. Afterall, you can always judge a good workout by the amount of puke at the end of it.