Being released as the Young Men's President in our old ward sure freed up some extra time in my life. I especially noticed the difference on Sundays when I no longer attended PEC, Ward Correlation, or BYC early in the morning before church started. Although I enjoyed that calling a lot, I have to say, I've also enjoyed having that time back, even if it isn't always spent sleeping, due to some early rising midgets we live with.
Those lazy Sundays are behind me again however, as I've received a new calling in the 3rd Ward that will require me to be at Church a lot earlier than our usual 20 minutes after sacrament meeting has started. I've been called to be the Executive Secretary in the newly reorganized Bishopric. The calling was previously held by Wayne Clemmer, who was the assistant Executive Secretary to Kevin Way before he passed away in January. Brother Clemmer has been filling the role of Executive Secretary since then, but will now continue his previous role as assistant.
I'm looking forward to serving with Bishop Takahashi. He seems like a really easy fellow to get along with, and we seem to share a similar sense of humour, which often revolves around making fun of my Dad. The calling actually came to me from my Dad as he is the High Councilman over the 3rd ward, and he was also the one who set me apart. I know very little about the duties associated with this calling at this point. I kind of glazed over about 15 minutes into the list that my Dad laid out for me in our interview, but the one thing I do remember is that I'm supposed to make the Bishop look good. I imagine a steep learning curve ahead, but I'm excited for the challenge and I hope that I can help things run as smoothly as possible.
1 comment:
Once upon a time (when we were first married) we were in 3rd ward. Love that ward!! I didn't know Doug Takahashi was the Bishop now. Serves him right! We think he and his wife are great. :0)
Post a Comment