Thursday, September 11, 2008

Tiny Dancer

I guess I've gone from '80's sitcom themes to Elton John songs for post titles. There's just no good lines about dancing in the "Webster" theme song. Emma started her Ballet and Tap Dancing class this past Tuesday along with her cousins Kaylie and Madison. It runs until June at which time the class will put on a recital for parents and families. I didn't think it would be her type of thing initially, as she's a little on the tom-boyish side, but she's been super excited about the whole concept ever since we mentioned it to her, so what do I know? She's been doing goofy dances around the house ever since we watched "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" a couple of weeks ago, so it will be good for her to put some technique behind her energy. I think she could really use the structure of a scheduled class right now too, and she loves spending any time she can with her cousins, so if you couple that with how pretty she looks in her ballet outfit, it's the perfect storm of toddler fandangos.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Mike, what a beautiful picture!! if there is room, we'd love to come to her year-end do :)

Heather said...

that picture is amazing. I can't wait to hear about her adventures.

Erica said...

There are no words for that picture-she's growing up! You're a great Dad Mike.