Tammy and I just got back from watching her uncle Tom's grandson play in a basketball tournament at Sir Winston Churchill High School. He plays for the Cardston Cougars and they were here to play against the Churchill Bulldogs. Churchill ended up winning 83 to 71 but it was a close game throughout. It was a lot of fun to watch but the best part was being back at my old high school again. I think this was the first time I had been back since I graduated in 1996. Some of it has changed but a lot of it is exactly the same as it was almost 10 years ago. Churchill has some significance for Tammy as well because she worked there as a janitor while she was going to college. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) she didn't start there until the year after I had graduated. That would have been some kind of weird if we had met there; the old classic tale of a student falling in love with the janitor. We walked around for a bit after the game, took some pictures, and relived some memories. We saw the picture they have up of my graduating class and as I looked at all the faces and names I realized how many people I still hang around with that I became friends with (or became better friends with) in high school. In fact, almost everyone that I was pals with back then I still keep in touch with on some level. Excluding class time of course, I would say that those three years were some of the funnest years of my life. Next year will be my 10 year reunion so I'm hoping something will be organized to get the gang back together again.
No comments:
Post a Comment