Monday, May 22, 2006

Modus Report


I've been working at Modus now for a few weeks and things are going well. They keep me pretty busy with the drafting side of things but it's nice that I'm not necessarily chained to my desk all day. I'm on site alot, checking things out and working with the construction supervisors, and that helps break the day up a bit. I wanted to post a picture of where I work to show how low tech it is right now. This is site 1 on the north end of Crossfield, where I work, and site 2 is on the south side of Crossfield where the actual construction takes place. If you're thinking, "Hey that looks like some kind of converted hay barn or something" you're right. My desk is right below that front window on the left. The barn area is where they paint all the doors so the fumes get bad sometimes, and there is no air conditioning so it gets pretty warm but it's still cool to draft in a barn. If you're also thinking "Hey, is that a porta-potty on the side of the building there?" you are again right. Even though it is our only facility, I never use it because there are people who work for Modus that live in that motor home behind the building there that have claimed it. I just go to the Shell station during lunch. It may sound bad but I think it's cool and I'm sure once the company gets more established there will be nicer facilities.

No comments: