Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Dance Police

It was our Wards turn to chaperone the youth dance this past Saturday night, and with me being the Young Men's President, it was my duty to take charge of the recruiting and the refreshments. We got enough people, despite several last minute cancellations, and I bought $75 worth of Timbits, which will get you 15 boxes of 40. There was nowhere near that many kids there, in fact it was quite sparse compared to the glory days of old, when the running man ruled the floors. I guess that's why they've decided to discontinue weekly youth dances as of January 2007. Instead there will now be a monthly "Multi-Stake Youth Activity" which may or may not end up being a dance. Disco Dan Glenn was the DJ that night, so Kelly came along, and we ran into my sister Sam and Tammy's sister Kimberly who are both youth dance age. I spent most of my time in the coat check room doing stand-up comedy for the kids checking their tiny coats and giant purses, but I did manage to sneak away and dance the last two slow songs with Tammy. Disco Dan dedicated the last song to us, though I can't remember what it was. It wasn't what we requested anyways, I guess he left his Slayer albums in the car.

No comments: