Monday, June 11, 2007

Masters of Marriage

It takes six years to earn most Masters degrees, and June 2nd was our sixth anniversary as a married couple, so you may now consider us "Masters of Marriage" (insert echo effect).

The traditional anniversary gift for your sixth year is supposed to be something iron, and steak is high in iron, so we celebrated with a dinner at The Keg thanks to a $50 gift certificate I won at a work Christmas party. $50 doesn't really cover a dinner for two at The Keg, but it put a big enough dent in the bill to keep us from washing dishes all night. Neither of us had been there before, so we were total Keg "neophytes" as D would say, but our waiter was a good sport and we both ended up with meals we were very satisfied with.

Despite having six years under our belts, I think we're still marriage "neophytes" as well, and I'm sure we have a long way to go before we're the masters of anything, but like an education, I look at our marriage as an investment that only appreciates in value. I appreciate and love my wife more and more every day, and I'm glad to be a "neophyte" if that means many many more years together.

1 comment:

D said...

I'm stumped at what to say. I was going to call you neophytes but...