One of the names we originally tossed around when we found out we were most likely having a girl again, was Heidi. With Tammy's Norwegian roots, and the high probability of the girl having blonde hair and blue eyes, we thought it would be a good fit. Another good reason for the name Heidi would be that we could use the "Them" in "Them Bournes" as an acronym of all our first names, much like Marc Gilchrist does with his site. The down side of using Heidi is the high probability that I would never remember the order of the "e" and the "i".
When Ashley was born, we just thought she looked like an Ashley, and so Ashley she became. Now the question is, do we forget the acronym thing, or change the name of the site? We could go with T.E.A.M. Bournes, which is an ok substitute, and a pretty accurate pecking order, but there's something about M.E.A.T. Bournes that sounds so much better. It's still up for review, and will probably never change, but visitor input is still appreciated.
4 comments:
META-BOURNES. That's a good one.
I hate our acronym(spelling?) That was definately a Marc thing. BAM was okay because it sounded kindof like an action hero thing but BLAM-not so good. Then again LAMB isn't much better. Unfortunately we chose the names we liked for our kids without putting much thought into what acronym it would end up as so at least you thought about it. I like TEAM although I don't know how you'll add to it someday when Bourne number #3 comes along. :)
Thanks Brooke. I called it an anagram when I meant acronym. I've edited the post with the correct terminology as a first step in covering my shame. Further steps will either include time travel or brainwashing, whichever is cheaper.
How about T.A.M.E. its your wife's name! Don't forget to think down the road!
Marc
Post a Comment