Saturday, September 06, 2008

Show Me That Smile Again

It's almost impossible to get a picture of Emma where she's just standing there smiling these days. You're more likely to get a shot of her running away from the camera, or a shot of some blonde, blurry form racing towards the camera, than anything. When she does stand still for a picture, it's usually because she wants to display some goofy face she's been working on. Once in a while we'll end up with some pretty hilarious pictures, but most times, we're just wearing out the delete button on our camera.

The latest occasion was when we went down to Bowness Park to get together with a large group of West Stake youth alumni of mid 1990's vintage. I took Emma down by the river to get a nice scenic picture of her throwing rocks into the water or something, and after about 30 shots, this is the only one I could keep. As you can see, it was getting dark by the time we were able to get this one.

I neglected to get a group shot of everyone who came down to the park, but here's one of Emma and Ashley having a swing. It was Ashley's first time in a swing, and she sure liked it. Emma had just recovered from an accident on the teeter-totter when this was taken, so she wasn't that into it.

Emma may grow out of this goofy picture stage, and she may not, it's no big deal. I don't think I did until the day Tammy and I got married, and that's only because we invited too many ladies we know who are not above beating someone to death for ruining a picture.

7 comments:

Heather said...

I guess that's just the 'pains' of 'growing' up.

Jake said...

How do you get your links list to update with the most recent post? I want that feature so I don't have to waste time checking everbodies' sites looking for new material.

Michael said...

It's a new feature for blogger sites. If you go to the "Add and Arrange Elements" page under your "Layout" tab and click "Add a Gadget", it should be the first item on the list that pops up.

If you want to see the Dolphins win a game, you need to build a flex capacitor and find a power source that will generate 1.21 gigawatts of electricity.

Alison said...

at least you have a delete button - mom and dad had to wait until theirs were developed to find out that you had made a goofy face again! It's called karma, and sometimes, it's a beautiful thing :)

Alison said...

and what show is this one from again? I can sing the whole thing in my head, but can't place it. was it who's the boss?

Michael said...

Heather already got it, in case you couldn't 'crack' her 'code'.

Alison said...

are you sitting down? because what i am about to tell you may come as a complete surprise.....i am a knob.