Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Welcome Back

Our ward (3rd ward) has changed venues from the Bow Valley Chapel to the West Stake Center as of last week. The change came because there were only two wards meeting at the WSC, where there were 3 wards and the Bow River Branch meeting at the BVC. It's a bit of a throw back for me because we've taken over the old 17th ward Bishop's office, and I spent a lot of time in there on Sundays as a youth in Priest's Quorum. It seems a lot smaller than I remember, and I can't believe we used to fit some 20 Priests in there every Sunday, but I guess we were all a lot skinnier back then.

The first Tuesday after we were officially moved in, we attended the Tri-Ward Corn Bust at the WSC put on by the Rockyview ward. The corn was freshly picked that morning and was sweet and delicious. The event was so well attended that it had organizers a little worried about how crazy the Country Fair Spectacular was going to be that coming Friday when the rest of the Stake would be there too.

I didn't see first hand how crazy the Fair was, but I heard reports that it was a big success. I was sick with the flu that day (still am), but Tammy took the kids and they had a great time. It was pretty rainy out that night, so I think some of the outdoor activities might have been cancelled, but most of them just got moved inside with the rest of the food, folks, and fun. I wish I could have gone, even just for the food, but also because I remember those things being a lot of fun when I was a kid, and I would have liked to see Emma trying her hand at all the games. I would have also remembered to bring the camera - zing! I was feeling poorly all weekend, so I also missed all of Stake Conference too. I heard it was a good one though.

With a Corn Bust, a Country Fair, and a Conference all within the first week of us being back at the WSC, we feel adequately acclimatized to our new surroundings. I think the only thing left to do is make a trip up to Excelsior to eat chips and listen to EFY music.

1 comment:

D said...

Excelsior! Awesome.