Saturday, March 21, 2009

Badlanders

We're slowly moving our way through the events of last year. Here are some pictures from our trip to Drumheller back on the first day of Spring.

This was Emma's second visit to the badlands of Alberta and Ashley's first. Emma was no less afraid of of the bones this time as she was last time. Ashley wasn't all that bothered.

Again the globes turned out to be one of the only things that Emma wanted to get within biting distance of.

The reason we made the trip was because the first day of spring also happened to be cousin Max's 2nd birthday. We met up with the Williamsons in the museum and let the kids explore for a while. Emma was a little braver with her cousins about. If you're going to get attacked by a giant skeleton, it's probably good to have some back up you can rely on.

We made a quick stop at the worlds largest dinosaur statue on our way out of town and then headed straight out to the outs of Cochrane for a some cake and partying for young Max.

I don't recall how long we ended up staying out there that night, but I'm sure it turned out to be a pretty full day for the little ones. Despite how tired she was, I think Emma had a hard time sleeping that night. I blame this guy, the "Lurkasaurus".

No comments: