Tuesday, March 29, 2005

New Calling

This past Sunday I was released as a primary teacher in our ward. I believe I have been in the primary since we moved into the ward 2 years ago. I was first teaching the 11 and 12 year old class and then I was teaching the 9 and 10 year old class. I really enjoyed my time there and I'm going to miss the primary and the kids that I've built friendships with.

My new calling is as the Gospel Doctrine teacher. I'm excited about it but also a bit nervous. I think I can count on my hand the number of times I've been able to go to a Gospel Doctrine class let alone teach it. I'm sure it will be a great experience for me, and it will give me a chance to really get back to thorough study of the gospel. I've been reading the Doctrine and Covenants again this year but I've never read it along with any other resource materials like the Gospel Doctrine manual or the Institute manual, so I'm sure to get even more out of it this time.

No comments: