Friday, April 15, 2005

CRHBA Design Competition 2005


This past Thursday was the deadline for the CRHBA house design competition. It's a competition for all the first year AT students at SAIT (there's about 100) in which we were to design a house and a site plan for a predetermined site out in the Springbank area. Our presentation had to include floor plans, 4 elevations, and a site plan, all at specified scales. We could also include a perspective view if space permitted. Our boards went up on Thursday and the judging took place that afternoon. I found out today that I tied for first place in the presentation category! It's exciting because there is scholarship money that is part of the reward. I have to thank Dave Walker and his boss Marvin DeJong for letting me use there office computers and printers to complete the project. Dave was a huge help as he taught me how to use a 3D rendering program called Sketch-up that we used for most of the project, and he probably put just as many hours into it as I did. I'm really happy with the finished product and I'm grateful for all the training I received in the process.


Here is a picture of the Cardston Temple that I drew for a project earlier in the year. I finally have the ability to scan images into the computer so I thought I would add it here.

No comments: