Last night I went down to the Night Gallery with some friends from school to celebrate the end of the school year and to see a couple bands play. I've never been to the Night Gallery before so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it turned out to be a pretty decent spot. I felt like I was in the Mos Eisley Cantina with the hodge-podge of characters roaming around inside. There were some fifties biker-greasers in one corner, some goth-punk kids in another, a few cowboys, and a lone rastafarian just to name a few. It wasn't crowded at all either. We went there because we know a couple of the guys in the second band that played.
The first band was called "Blood Dungeon" which is awesome because they play folk music. They had a couple guitars, a fiddler, and a drummer playing a stand-up snare with an old suitcase for a kick drum. The music was not really my thing but I was impressed with the four-part harmony.
The second band was an instrumental band called "The Ramblin' Ambassadors". They play a type of music that reminded me a lot of "Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet". The great thing was they had a guy playing the tambourine like I've never seen one played before and a lightning fast upright bass player. They were super good and I'd like to see them again sometime. The third band turned out to be those fifties greasers but we didn't stay for them because we were all zombified from working all night on our final projects the night before. It was a good time and I'm going to miss hanging with the dudes from class over the next few months.
No comments:
Post a Comment