Saturday, April 30, 2005

Retired

This past Friday (April 29) was my last day working at Simo Corporation. I've been working on and off there as a receptionist for the past 5 years and I can't believe that I won't be working there anymore! They're a smaller company that manufactures office furniture and I had really enjoyed working with the people there. My original plan was to start my maternity leave a few weeks from now - on May 13th - but I discovered that transportation to and from work would be a little complicated considering Mike starts a new job way across town this Monday and my sister Kelly, who will be replacing me at Simo, won't be starting full-time until after I leave, so I wouldn't even be able to catch a ride with her. Anyways, it all works out because there is about a thousand things that I still need to do before our baby arrives, so this will give me a chance to get them done (like prepare the baby's room for one!)

I am so grateful to my brother-in-law, Iain, for getting me the job in the first place (he is Simo's Marketing Manager) and to everyone there for liking me enough to let me return after I no longer wanted to work as a massage therapist full-time. This was a job where I didn't dread Sunday nights when a work-week was about to start because I enjoyed working with the people there and dealing with certain customers on the phone - the weeks just flew by for me. Kelly is already looking forward to working there more often because she loves the environment and the people there. I'm just glad that I will always be able to go back and visit, and I'm hoping to crash a few of their upcoming parties - like their Stampede BBQ this summer.

No comments: