Saturday, May 07, 2005

Dejong Design Associates

This week was my first week back to work since I left Encana. I'm now employed as a summer student at Dejong Design Associates. They're an architectural office located on the barracks just off Crowchild Trail. So far it's going fairly smoothly, I spend most of my time using a program called "Sketchup" to build 3D models on the computer. Unlike most of the jobs I've had (and I've had not a few), I didn't win this one with my good-looks and charm. My good friend Dave Walker happens to work there too and he's pretty much responsible for setting the whole thing up. I'd like to thank him publicly for getting me this job, but I wont. No, I think he's the type who would appreciate a personal thank-you, in the form of a lifetime of friendship, and by friendship I mean casual greetings in the hallway and a yearly Christmas card.

No comments: