Today was the Stake Conferance broadcast featuring President Monson, Elder Bednar, and Elder Jensen of the Seventy. I really enjoyed the talks given by all the bretheren and their wives. I love hearing President Monson talk about his time as a Mission President in Canada as I served in some of the places he talks about. My first Mission President was an AP under President Monson and my second one was an AP under Elder Ballard when he served as Mission President there. I also served as a District Leader for seven months in a town called Branford Ontario (known to most as the home of Wayne Gretzky) and our area included the town of Mount Pleasant where Joseph Smith and Sidney Rigdon came and baptized a congregation of people which I beleive included John Taylor. Everytime I hear talk of that area it makes me want to go back and visit. I loved it out there. Maybe sometime in the future we'll have to take the kids down to the Hill Cumorah Pageant, tour all the church history sites, and make some stops in Ontario on the way back.
No comments:
Post a Comment