Monday, April 21, 2008

Conference Weekend

The weekend that Tammy and Ashley spent in the ACH happened to be General Conference weekend. They didn't get the channel it plays on in the hospital, so Tammy missed it completely, and I only managed to catch a few of the sessions.

It was a historic conference as they've reorganized the First Presidency due to the passing of President Hinckley back in January. President Thomas S. Monson now serves as President of the Church with Henry B. Eyring and Dieter F. Uchtdorf acting as his first and second counselors. Elder D. Todd Christofferson has also been called as an Apostle to fill the vacancy left by President Hinckley.

That weekend was also cousin Kaylie's 4th Birthday party. Emma was so excited when Gramma Olsen picked her up from my parents house to take her over there, and the report was that she spent almost 100% of the time running around outside, her favorite place in the world. I spent the day at the hospital with Tammy and Ashley, and later that evening, Gramma Olsen brought Emma to the hospital after the party, and the Mason's came along too, as they had yet to even meet baby Ashley.

I caught the Saturday morning session and then Emma and I made a quick trip up to the hospital for a brief visit with Mom and Ashley. I attended the Priesthood session on Saturday night as well with my brother, Grampa Bourne, and Grampa Olsen, while Gramma Bourne watched Emma, and Gramma Olsen, along with Kelly and Kimberly, hung out with Tammy and Ashley at the hospital. After the session and dinner at Swiss Chalet, Grampa Olsen and I went up to the hospital for the remainder of the evening.

I caught the Sunday morning session too, but missed the afternoon as Emma and I went back up to the hospital right away to help pack as Ashley was discharged that evening. I wish I could have caught more of conference, and Tammy wishes she could have caught any of conference, but luckily Tammy's parents have it on DVD, so we'll have to watch what we missed sometime soon.

No comments: