Here's some pictures of Emma with some snow sculptures we fashioned a couple of weeks ago. We haven't been out lately to build anything, as it's been a touch too cold, but I think we just may head out there later on this afternoon.
It's hard to see, but this one is a snow Ernie from Sesame Street. Emma made the ears and hair, and then decapitated him with a shovel shortly after this picture was taken.
You don't typically see great white sharks in the great white north, but Emma had a close encounter with this one right on the front lawn! She was a very patient girl during the sculpting process I might add.
This creation started out as a snow fort, and then became a snow cave, and then morphed into a terrifying, three-eyed snow blob that almost got the best of our little arctic explorer. She narrowly escaped however, and the blob was left to die a slow death, melting in the heat of the sun for the next 3 days.
We've all been a little bummed from the weather lately, barely leaving the house at all and feeling a little stir crazy, but I guess we should be enjoying the snow while we can. I'd trade it for sunshine any day, but it's just not as fun trying to make sculptures out of mud and lawn clippings in the summertime.
No comments:
Post a Comment