Friday, April 11, 2008

Zoo Trip

Emma and I joined Alison and Heather and their kids, along with Gramma Bourne, on an outing to the Zoo back on Easter Monday. A few pictures capture the highlights of the trip.

The little baby elephant is still so little. I don't know if it was the mother elephant, but one of the bigger ones kept making some pretty loud trumpeting noises, which the kids all enjoyed.

Right across from the elephants is a new stingray exhibit where they let you put your hands in the water so the rays can come along and brush up against your arm. Jilly was the only one of the kids brave enough to put her hand in there, and I pulled mine out when one of them started sucking on my knuckles. I guess I come from the generation who still believe that stingrays are our enemies.

One of the hippos kept swimming by where everyone could get a good look at it underwater. Emma didn't notice this one quickly enough to run for cover before I could take a picture.

Some lucky folks got to feed the hippos, and while they were at it, the young giraffe snuck up from behind and started chewing on the blonde ladies hair. She freaked out a bit, and after her and her friends got out of the way, the giraffe and the hippo just stared at each other for a while. Everyone was chanting "Fight! Fight! Fight!", but nothing came of it.

1 comment:

D said...

Had I been there, and had everyone started chanting, I gladly would have fought you.

For I am of the generation that still believes that Bournes are our blood feud enemies.