Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Another Zoo Trip

We made another trip back to the Zoo at the beginning of the month in an effort to try and spot something a little more interesting than the "Who's The Boss" van. It turned out to be a great day for Zooing. The weather was beautiful, there was hardly another soul in the place, and most of the animals were up and posing. We got a few good pictures, so I thought I'd post them up here.

This tiger kept eyeing Emma, so she kept her distance everytime he would approach the glass. This was the closest shot we could get of the two of them together. A tiger's bright orange and white coat doesn't camoflage them all that well in the jungles of India and Southeast Asia, but they're almost invisible in a bowl of Frosted Flakes.

This hippo picture was probably the best shot of the day. I had to climb up onto the enclosure a bit to get it, but luckily there was a "No Climbing" sign I could hold on to in order to steady myself.

The giraffes are always great because they're hard to miss. Even little babies like Ashley will notice them over other animals you may spend 10 miutes pointing through the glass at. I noticed this time that whenever any of the animals see someone in a Zoo uniform walking by, they become a lot more animated as they probably suppose it's feeding time. I'm going to try and get my hands on a zookeepers outfit for our next trip, and see if the animals respond. It's also just a good idea to have a zookeepers outfit on hand.

Buh-Bye Zoo!

No comments: