As far as design goes, it probably won't be like any other temple in Alberta. They've traded the look of the "mini-temples" like the one in Edmonton, for a new style like the one shown above (possibly the Twin Falls, Idaho Temple?). The footprint is about the same (about 10 700 square feet) but they're two storey buildings now, so they're closer to 19,000 square feet. This is also the style of the one currently being built in Vancouver as well.
I don't know if we'll even be living in Calgary by the time it's completed, but it's only going to be about a 5-10 minute drive from my parents house, so I'm sure we'll still enjoy the benefits of it being so close to their home. We're all very excited about it either way. I've been tossing around the idea of trying to get a job with whichever architectural firm is handling the project, because I think it would be great to be involved somehow, but I haven't heard anything about who that will be. If anyone hears, let me know.
2 comments:
I am the person in charge. Please send your application to me and I'll take care of it.
My bet is on Gowling & Gibb Architects, as they are the ones who provided the renovation work to the Cardston Temple in '88, and are the ones who continually renovate and build the new church meeting houses through out Alberta.
They seem to always get the church contracts for new structures.
Although you could still send your resume to Derek and build your own temple with him, however I think that is just as bad as me "betting" on who the architectural firm is.
Post a Comment