This is the maze part of the Calgary Corn Maze. I guess the corn is usually a lot higher, but a wind storm cut it all down the week before. If the movie "Signs" taught us anything, it's that you shouldn't go poking around in corn anyways, so it's probably just as well.
It was too cold and windy for the goblin, so she stayed bundled up in her stroller most of the time. Emma is usually unaffected by the cold, so she kept a good pace, leaving her Mom and sister behind. Good thing for that short corn so Mom could keep an eye on her.
They have a little petting zoo there too, and Emma enjoyed that. All the animals seemed to be at the right scale for her, so she was able to mingle without fear.
I don't do well with chickens, but Emma got along fine and gave them a good chase. I sometimes wonder at what age children make the connection between the animals at a petting zoo, and what's on their plate at supper time.
I have no information on this contraption, but it looks like fun.
I'm glad Malauney organized this outing because I think the kids really enjoyed themselves. I think they're planning on doing it again next year, but maybe a bit earlier in the season so that it's not so chilly.
No comments:
Post a Comment