Wednesday, June 07, 2006

5 Years

On the 2nd of the month, Tammy and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. The traditional gift on the 5th anniversary is something wooden and the modern gift is supposed to be silverware. I decided to combine the two and I bought tammy a $1000 gift certificate to the Wooden Spoon Outlet. She really liked it as we've both decided on the wooden spoon as the weapon of choice for disciplining our children, and your children for that matter. More seriously though, It's quite the milestone in our lives, and I'd like to pay tribute to the girl who's been mine for the past 5 years with a poem that I wrote:

My dearest, my dearest, where has the time fled?
Five years have now past since the two of us wed.
We've lost a few hairs and gained a few ounces,
And we've had our fair share of bruises and bounces.
Sometimes I think back to when life was the thrills,
Instead of pooped diapers and a mountain of bills.
But you know I wouldn't go and alter a thing,
I still love the lady and I still wear the ring.
And I still enjoy that rare quiet night,
When we sit close together and you're holding me tight.
And if it gets dark and the lights are real low,
We might look like we did, five years ago.

No comments: