Our car got a flat tire the other night, so Mike put the spare on and a couple of days later I took the car in to Canadian Tire to have it repaired. It was going to take an hour to fix, so Emma and I browsed around the store while we waited. At first I wasn't sure if we could keep ourselves entertained for an hour - I mean, come on, it's Canadian Tire - but to my surprise, I was wrong!
Emma was excited to be in such a large store and not have to be in a stroller or a cart, so she just ran down the large aisle along the front of the store while I tried to keep up and carry both our coats, my purse, and the diaper bag. When we got to the end, I decided to grab a cart to hold all our stuff. Both our faces lit up when we saw what was waiting there for us! It was a cart with a small basket in the back to hold our things and the rest of it was a car for kids to sit in - equipped with a steering wheel, a horn, a seat belt, and rear view mirrors! This was our ticket to fun! Emma had a blast, and I was able to browse around a bit (mostly in the toy section).
As we made our way to the back of the store, Emma noticed a huge selection of bikes. I saw a few tricycles, so I decided to take Emma for a test drive. She loved it! She couldn't quite understand the concept of pedalling, so I pushed her most of the time. She even noticed a rack of helmets and insisted that she wear one (she loves wearing anything on her head as a hat). She looked so funny because the plastic packaging was still attached and it stuck out about 6 inches from the front of the helmet, but she didn't care. We only rode around on the bike for about 5 minutes or so because that's when I noticed the big sign that read "PLEASE DO NOT RIDE THE BIKES". Oops. Well, at least we had our "car cart".
Emma was excited to be in such a large store and not have to be in a stroller or a cart, so she just ran down the large aisle along the front of the store while I tried to keep up and carry both our coats, my purse, and the diaper bag. When we got to the end, I decided to grab a cart to hold all our stuff. Both our faces lit up when we saw what was waiting there for us! It was a cart with a small basket in the back to hold our things and the rest of it was a car for kids to sit in - equipped with a steering wheel, a horn, a seat belt, and rear view mirrors! This was our ticket to fun! Emma had a blast, and I was able to browse around a bit (mostly in the toy section).
As we made our way to the back of the store, Emma noticed a huge selection of bikes. I saw a few tricycles, so I decided to take Emma for a test drive. She loved it! She couldn't quite understand the concept of pedalling, so I pushed her most of the time. She even noticed a rack of helmets and insisted that she wear one (she loves wearing anything on her head as a hat). She looked so funny because the plastic packaging was still attached and it stuck out about 6 inches from the front of the helmet, but she didn't care. We only rode around on the bike for about 5 minutes or so because that's when I noticed the big sign that read "PLEASE DO NOT RIDE THE BIKES". Oops. Well, at least we had our "car cart".
Later on that day, we decided to bake some muffins together. I pulled a chair up to the counter for her to stand on and gave her her own mixing bowl, measuring cups and a measuring spoon. Each time I added something to my bowl, I added a bit to her bowl too. She ended up eating her sugar and flour with her measuring spoon, so I didn't bother adding anything like the sour cream, vanilla, or baking soda to hers for fear of what that stuff might do to her. Every time I turned on the mixer she looked at me with a huge, excited smile and tried peeking into the bowl. We had such a good time!
1 comment:
Yeah, I usually have to bring my own bike into Canadian Tire when I want to test drive the helmets. I hope they change their policies soon.
Post a Comment