Thursday, May 22, 2008

May Long Weekend

This was the first May long weekend in years where I remember the weather being nice. It's pretty crummy out now, but we did get a few scorchers in there that were sure enjoyable.

I spent Saturday with my parents at our storage unit, cleaning it out and taking all the stuff we had originally wanted to get rid of during the move to the dump, along with my mom's old washer and dryer. It's still pretty unorganized in there, but at least we got rid of all the stuff we needed a big truck for. We also managed to dig out some clothes for Tammy, and some toys for Emma while we were at it.

We didn't do all that much on Sunday, but Tammy's sister Kristie had her baby that morning at about 10:30am! She had another girl and her name is Brooke Elizabeth Mason. She's the Mason's 5th child and 4th girl, and she's also the 9th grandchild on the Olsen side (the past 8 of which have been girls). I think Brooke and Ashley are the closest in age of any cousins on the Olsen side, and they're probably the closest in size too. Brooke was born at 8lbs 6oz, where Ashley is only about 2lbs heavier than that at 3 months.

On Monday we drove out to the Cochrane chapel for Lucy's 3rd birthday party. It was a jewelery themed princess party and it was a lot of fun. We're not sure what we're going to do yet for Emma's 3rd birthday party next month, but it'll probably be either something outdoorsy, or we might try the Telus World of Science. I'm going to try and take Emma there tomorrow to test it out, so we'll see if it's a hit with her or not. I'm thinking science and birthday party might not belong in the same sentence for 3 year olds though.

3 comments:

David and Cheryl said...

Cute baby and kids! I especially like the mysterious person who is holding the children in the background, although you can not see his face; hence the mysterious. Although I believe I have seen that green shirt before.

Or maybe you are trying to look young in order to throw off your pursuers. But if that is the VERY same shirt you wore in half the movies we made growing up, and the one you have had since you were in grade nine, I need to know the brand name because that is one impressive shirt that seems to be far greater than the fountain of youth itself.

Heather said...

I hear they changed the Bob the Builder exhibit at the Science Center to a Sesame Street one. That might be more up Emma's alley...and although it's sciencey, it's also gross, which I think goes over very well with little kids. It's all about the body, and one exhibit has Oscar the Grouch teaching kids about sneezes and a giant nose actually sneezes on you. That should make for some interesting birthday pictures.

Michael said...

That is the second green shirt I've owned in my life. The first one from grade 9 disintegrated years ago, and its remnants were melted down and forged into a new shirt, which I can be seen wearing in that picture. In esscence, I guess I've only ever owned one green shirt. Yeah, I'm pretty serious about green shirts.