Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

Tammy does an amazing job with both of our girls, and it's evidenced by just how much they adore her. Whether it's playing, reading, or helping out with baby Ashley, Emma loves any time she gets to spend with her Mom. When Emma gets to spend time with her Dad, I can always count on her telling me that she misses her Mom, and she tells me repeatedly. Baby Ashley gets a huge smile on her face whenever she sees her Mom, and she moves her little head around like crazy, searching the room for her when she hears her voice. We all love her so much and we hope she had a great Mother's Day.

Her gift was pretty practical this year, but it's what she wanted the most, and it's served us well. I hesitate to name it, as it's a husband-to-wife sort of gift, but I'm probably just being weird. I don't know, is it awkward if I say I got her a breast pump? Well I did, and it's a pretty handy machine. We were renting one from Super Drug Mart, and it was costing us $75 a month, so we figured we would just splurge and buy ourselves one, which will end up saving us money in the long run. Real romantic folks we be.

We splurged on my Mom's gift this year too. It was kind of a Mother's Day gift as well as a "Thanks for letting us stay at your house for the past 3 months for free" gift. Since there are 6 adults (soon to be 7 when Great Gramma comes home from her cruise) living here, and 2 children, there is a copious amount of laundry being done in the place. My parents old laundry pair (as I've heard them called on the Price is Right) was about 12 or so years old, and showing their age, so we were all teetering on the brinks of a laundry crisis. I found a set of LG front loaders on sale for a really great price at the Brick, so I bought them and had them delivered to my Mom's house just in time for Mother's Day to be 3 days past. They handle a lot more clothes, use less energy, are much quieter machines, and play songs when their cycles are complete, so needless to say, my Mom was pretty excited, and I've solidified my place as the favorite child yet again.

3 comments:

D said...

Fess up. You stole that laundry pair out of a showhome, you scoundrel.

Heather said...

favorite child? I think the laundry pair is just making up for many things past. You have much to do yet before you can compete for favorite child - the position I now currently hold, and have held for many years.

Michael said...

If one of the things I have yet to do is take you down, I will do it.