Monday, August 11, 2008

Baby Bed Head

I don't know what she does in her sleep, but sometimes Ashley wakes up with some pretty wild hair. It's getting pretty long now, and it's also pretty wavy, so when you couple that with all the cowlicks she has around her head, there's not much we can do to fix it. Her hair also seems to grow fastest in the "Mr. T" zones, along the top of her head, and around the ears. Emma's did the same thing, and I think we ended up giving her a trim when she was about this age, so I think it's Ashley's time to face the shears.

12/August/08 Update: I should have waited one more day to post this entry, because I could have mentioned that Ashley turned 6 months old on the 12th! Still under 13 lbs and wearing 0-3 month sizes of clothes, she's a small girl, but still on the charts, and putting on more chub every day. She's on the verge of sitting up by herself, something a that a little more weight might help with, and she's already cut her first tooth! She's come up with a new way to suck on her soother to help relieve the discomfort of cutting those teeth, as shown in the picture below. We've started her on some "solid" foods now, and she really likes them, even though she makes unpleasant groaning noises during the entire feeding process. She's a happy mama's baby, and we all love her to pieces! Happy Half-Birthday Ashley!

1 comment:

D said...

Cute baby. You shouldn't punish her self-expression by cutting her hair, you know.