Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tour De Citadel

It was one of those rare days a little while ago, where the weather was beautiful, and we didn't have anything going on, so Emma, Ben and I decided to tour the neighbourhood for a couple of hours. Emma rode her bike most of the time and I walked Ben, but sometimes I carried her bike and she walked Ben, and the rest of the time I carried her and her bike and walked Ben. We made a stop at the Esso station on Country Hills Blvd. for Popsicles, and then spent a good hour in the school field where we let Ben run around off his leash. Emma would run as fast as she could through the field, and after a little head start, Ben would chase her down like she was a baby deer, and screaming would ensue. It was a lot of fun.

Later that night, I was putting Emma to bed and we noticed out her window that there was a single star in the sky. I taught her the poem "Starlight, Starbright" which she rehearsed back to me with her eyes closed in a very dramatic way. Then she clenched her fists, shut her eyes extra tight, and made her wish. You're not supposed to, but I asked her what she wished for, and she told me that she wished that we could go on another bike ride the next day. That really made my day. Unfortunately, we didn't go on a bike ride the next day, because we were too busy going to Calaway Park.

No comments: