
Here is a shot of the bird's nest that once made a home on our sweet baby's head. It was a tangled mess that could not be controlled by conventional hair styling techniques, and therefore had to go. Tammy and I both agreed on this point, and had for some time, yet we never found ourselves making time to deal with it for one reason or another. Then one fateful evening, while Tammy was at Young Women's and I was home with the girls, I decided to try my hand at baby barbering and tidy up the mess that lived above Ashley's cute little ears. Let the clips fall where they may. Here is the result:

I've been cutting my own hair for years now, but I hardly ever use scissors, so I got out my trusty clippers and a number 8 attachment and started in. I had set Ashley in her high chair in the bathroom, and I fully expected to have to keep her in a headlock the entire time, but she did great and actually really enjoyed the whole thing. I probably went a little shorter than I originally intended, but that's just how it turned out, and I think it looks and feels a lot better.

In hindsight, I really should have waited for Tammy to come home so she could be a part of it. She was pretty traumatized by the sight of her now unfamiliar looking baby, but she's since come around, and we're all happy with Ashley's clean cut image. I saved all the hair I could so Tammy could go through it and keep the bits that looked the nicest. Here's the final shot of what came off:

It's already starting to grow back again, but hopefully a little more evenly this time. I don't think I would survive if I cut it again.
1 comment:
WOW! I'm pretty impressed with the job you did. She looks even cuter now if that's possible. Maybe we'll hire you when we finally break down and try to tame Caitlyn's mop. It's a force to be reckoned with. :>
Post a Comment