
We were supposed to leave for Edmonton today for Ashley's surgery, but the operation has been rescheduled again due to her having another cold. It seems she always has a cold lately. I don't know if it's because she's teething or if it's due to the high amount of people and traffic that we have in the home, but it's been really hard to keep her healthy lately. It's causing a lot of sleep loss for Tammy and I as well, so it's becoming doubly frustrating. We have no word on when the surgery will be as of yet, but we're hopeful that it will be soon. We're going to schedule another appointment with the cardiologist either way. I'm out of parental leave as of last week, but I wasn't planning on going back to work until after we got back from Edmonton. I'll probably be starting up again next week back at Modus. We're pretty down about the whole thing, but we're trying to keep the hope that maybe this is all part of a plan to give her heart time to heal on it's own, making the most invasive and worrisome part of the surgery unnecessary.
We appreciate all the prayers folks have said on her behalf, and if you find the time, please take a moment to have another special prayer just for her. Thanks.
2 comments:
I forgot to mention this in the post, but Ashley turned 9 months old today!
Happy 9 months Ashley!!! We will keep your family in our prayers. I know going back to work after parental leave pretty much sucks but hope the transition isn't too bad!
Post a Comment