This Halloween was probably the most highly anticipated event in Emma's life so far. She's spread the hype about it since September, and was not disappointed in how it turned out. The decorations went up very early in the month and they served as constant reminders to Emma that the night of the great candy grab was soon to come. Ashley on the other hand, just wanted to eat mushed bananas and be with her Mom. I'm sure she'll learn.

The first festering festivity of the season was a Halloween party at Jocelyn's house. Jocelyn is cousin Madison's cousin, and her Dad and I served in the same mission together. They made masks, played spooky games, and ate orange foods. Emma owned the beanbag toss from what I hear. The next ghastly get-together was the tri-ward Trunk or Treat at the Stake Center. I was out home teaching that night, and Tammy and the girls showed up a little bit late (What? No....), so there's actually not much to report on that event. At least Emma had fun dressing up and got some candy out of it.

That brings us to Halloween itself. The big story on that night for the parents will probably be the weather. It was unreal how warm it was. I'd probably go as far as to say it was the warmest Halloween I've ever experienced. We went with the Williamsons around the loop that Gramma and Grampa Bourne's house is on, and it turned out to be just enough houses to tire out the kids. They all had fun and they all got enough candy to last us until New Years. I say us because Emma really just likes the suckers. Luckily we have 6 adults living in the house right now to help polish it all off.
Alison and her kids came up for the weekend that night as well, and after all the wee ones had gone to bed, we finished off the evening by watching the Sixth Sense. It's about the scariest movie you can watch around my sister's without ending up with one of them sleeping in my parents room with the light on all night.
Well I think that about covers the whole darn thing except for this Far Side comic. Happy Halloween!

1 comment:
Hey! Not sister'S - just Heather! I ain't afraid of no ghost ba, da, ba, da, ba, da, bud da duh.....
Post a Comment