I was invited by a good-old high-school chum of mine, to go and watch the Flames/Kings game down at the Saddledome last night. I always enjoy going to the games, but last night was one of the better ones I've been to. The big story of the night was the Flames acquisition of their old Captain, Craig Conroy, who had been playing for the Kings since he left the Flames a couple years ago, right up until the day before last night's game. The first period was pretty uneventful, but the crowd came alive when Conroy himself scored the first goal of the game, early in the second period. The Flames had the lead the rest of the game thanks to some amazing goal tending by Kipper during a 5 on 3, and a few more goals from the Flames, including another one from Conroy, ending the game with a score of 4-1. I'm sure the Kings are chalking this one up to a "staffing error" and someone in HR will hear about it when they get home. It all made for a great time, with the added bonus of catching-up with my old buddy Ryan. I haven't seen him in years, but there's been no deterioration in the joke flow. Thanks again for the big invite Ryan, you've made it into the will.Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Great Big Conroy
I was invited by a good-old high-school chum of mine, to go and watch the Flames/Kings game down at the Saddledome last night. I always enjoy going to the games, but last night was one of the better ones I've been to. The big story of the night was the Flames acquisition of their old Captain, Craig Conroy, who had been playing for the Kings since he left the Flames a couple years ago, right up until the day before last night's game. The first period was pretty uneventful, but the crowd came alive when Conroy himself scored the first goal of the game, early in the second period. The Flames had the lead the rest of the game thanks to some amazing goal tending by Kipper during a 5 on 3, and a few more goals from the Flames, including another one from Conroy, ending the game with a score of 4-1. I'm sure the Kings are chalking this one up to a "staffing error" and someone in HR will hear about it when they get home. It all made for a great time, with the added bonus of catching-up with my old buddy Ryan. I haven't seen him in years, but there's been no deterioration in the joke flow. Thanks again for the big invite Ryan, you've made it into the will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment