Last weekend, Mike and I were invited to play Laser Quest with Kelly, Dan, and Kimberly. We went out to Earl's for supper first and then headed over to Laser Quest, but unfortunately we were too late to start our scheduled game. We ended up having a bit of time to kill before the next game started, so we played a few arcade games. I wanted to try "Dance Dance Revolution" because it looks like so much fun - when other people are playing it. I once vowed I would never play that game, because I wouldn't want anyone watching me, but there wasn't really anyone else hanging around, so I thought I would give it a try. I did alright, but I felt so awkward since I started at the "beginners" level and it was pretty slow. I definitely have a hard time trying to follow a lead when I'm dancing (Mike agrees) so I know I'll never be able to master that game at any level higher than "beginner". Oh well.
So, anyways, we ended up playing a half-hour game of Laser Quest, and it was so much fun! Mike and I hadn't played it in years, but we didn't do too badly - well, Mike didn't do too badly. He came in 11th out of 25 and I came in 24th. Dan came in 2nd, and he ended up being 3rd place overall for the day! Mike and I met up about half way through the game and decided to join forces, but I think I ended up getting him shot at more times than if I hadn't been there at all. Either way, it was a lot of fun and I hope we can do it again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment