Saturday, February 24, 2007

Family Day

I had Monday off work, so we took advantage of the nice weather and went tobogganing with the Ganchars, Erica and Josh, my Parents, Sam, and Ben. It was Emma's first time on the slopes and she took to it well the first few times we went down, calmly saying "Do again" every time we got to the bottom of the hill. It wasn't until some of the Moms started taking turns that she got a little nervous. I think the screaming led her to believe that maybe this activity was more dangerous than she initially thought. We stayed out there all morning and well into nap time. The weather was nice enough to stay out all day, but kids at this age have to eat and sleep roughly every 5 hours, so we headed home. I was headed for the hurt locker anyways, not enough soft landings from my amazing aerials.

3 comments:

David and Cheryl said...

My favorite part of the picture is the person in the center, at the ridgeline, pointing and laughing as your wife and daughter fall to their impending doom.

Anonymous said...

Yeah-that's Mike's sister Alison. Josh had SO much fun that day-thanks for inviting us!

Michael said...

She's the one who pushed them down. Her villainy did not go unchecked, I assure you.