Sunday, February 04, 2007

Visitors from Afar

I have a feature installed on my website that tells me where in the world people are visiting our blog from. This is the map it generated for the month of January. The big blob represents Calgary, as that is naturally where we get most of our visits from, but it's interesting to see that we do get visits from across the nation as well as from the United States. I can usually narrow it down to who the visitor is from the location given, but some have me stumped. I chalk those ones up to folks who link from other friends websites, or people accidentally finding our blog through some kind of search on awesomeness.

The feature tells me a couple other things as well, like how many visits I get in a day, how many of those visits are new visitors compared to returning visitors, and all credit card information and passwords of those who visit. Just a little joke there, I could tell by your expressions that you were a bit worried for a second, oh yeah the feature also allows me to see you.

5 comments:

Michael said...

I'm pretty sure it's either the Prime Minister of Canada, or some hobo who found a computer in a dumpster.

D said...

I suppose you have already figured out that it's better to filter your own IP out of your results, so that you don't skew your stats.

Skewed stats are worthless, and should be hurled into the dumpster with the computers, hobos, Prime Ministers, etc.

Michael said...

Yes, I filtered out my home and my work IP addresses so as not to skew stats.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, now I can be the only one in IDAHO!! Love your blog... I got it through Crystals, I don't have one... I don't have a computer. I'm sooo happy to see that you and your family are doing well. I'll love you forever and always.
Your friend
Jessica Dean

Heather said...

Hey, how do you track stats on your blog, such as these?