Sunday, February 04, 2007

Once There Was a Snowman

When we came home from Church today, I noticed that the snow on our lawn was perfect for some serious snowman constructioneering. Emma never turns down a chance to play in the snow, so we changed out of our Sunday clothes, and from the white dust of the Earth, created a snowman. He's probably not the handsomest fellow on the block, but he may be the biggest. We had to enlist some help from Mom (the real brawn of the family) to lift his torso onto his....I don't know what to call the bottom bit, it's not a thorax, it's a globular representation of legs I suppose. Maybe we could get some input from readers on what the bottom bit of a snowman is, or should, be called. I don't know if you can tell, but we tried to fashion him in the image of that snowman from Rudolph. We need some practice I guess, this is our first family snowman after all.

2 comments:

D said...

On little snowmen, it's a stem. On larger snowman (such as yours) it's a stump.

At least, that's what they taught us in school.

Heather said...

To capture the true likeness of the snowman from Rudolph, you would need a plaid vest and a Colonel Sanders mustache and goatee (sp?)..but your efforts are applaudable.

As for the lower half of a snowman...I have no ideas. It seems to be much more vital to the snowman's existence than just legs though. Is a snowman truly a snowman without 3 globular representations? A two-globed snowman is really just a lazy-mans snowman.