Monday, January 15, 2007

Nursery


Emma got to go to nursery for the first time back on the 7th of January. I brought her in after Sacrament meeting and I stayed for a bit, but I don't think she even noticed me there. I was expecting her to show at least some form of separation anxiety, but she made her way through the toys to the basketball net, and never looked back. I checked in every once in a while during the other meetings and the nursery leader reassured me that Emma was definitely "holding her own" in there and that she could tell that Emma liked things to be "fair". I think that was a very diplomatic way of saying that Emma was trying to take over the place on her first day. When Tammy picked her up after classes let out, Emma was more than enthusiastic about showing Mom all the cool toys they had in there, as well as her picture that she coloured. I'm glad she seems to have taken to it so well, and I hope she continues to enjoy her time there.

3 comments:

M said...

Congrats on Nursery Emma! On another note, Mike and/or Tam-e, how do you put links on your website? I want to link on to yours and Heathers, but cant quite figure it out,

Michael said...

When you're on the page "add or arrange page elements", click on "add page element" which should be on the top of the list of features on the right hand column. On the pop-up menu that appears, you should find an option called links. Click that and it will be added to your list of features. Now click "edit" on that tab and fill in the info as required.

D said...

I helped in the nursery once or twice when my wife was the primary president in a married student ward at the BY.

A harrowing experience.